Friday, July 13, 2007

07/07/07---Get Off The Ship!!!

We programmed a wake up call for 6:30, but I woke up about 5:30. We were already back in Barcelona. Lots of activity going on outside. I sat on the verandah and watched as they unloaded the lugguge. Eventually, I got everyone up, showered and dressed. Made one last ck of the rooms and at 7:45 headed to breakfast in Animators Palette. We were in no rush, as our flight didn't leave until 3:30 and Ivo and Alessandro didn't make us feel like we needed to hurry. We finished up and said our last good byes to our tablemates and our serving teams. Hugs and kisses all around. Off the ship and into the terminal where we grabbed a porter and searched out our bags. The were all set up according to the lugguge tags we were given, red Mickeys. Found all our bags, but one required a bit of a search. Found it and headed outside where our driver was waiting for us. Took a few last shots of the ship and loaded up the bags and off to the airport. We were all cked in by 10:30 or so and then just had to wait for boarding. Flight was due to take off at 3:30, but we didn't even board until 3:45, so we were a bit late taking off. Not a problem as we had about a 3 hr layover in London. We had to go from Terminal 1 to Terminal 4 by bus. That was the easy part. We had to wait to go through security and it took about 1.5 to 2 hrs to get through. They only had one security lane open. While we were standing in line, I noticed two unattended suitcases/bags just sitting there. With some of the things that had gone on in London and Scotland while we were away, it made me a bit nervous. I notified a security person and they came over. They asked whose bags they were and no one claimed them. Then a woman and her daughter came up and claimed them. They got quite a talking to by the security guy. They were kink of annoyed, but I was glad I said something. Better safe than sorry. My advise, just hold onto your stuff and there won't be any problems.

We finally got throught the line and headed to the flight connections desk where we were able to get our boarding passes which I was unable to print out the night before on board the ship. Headed to our gate where we had about 30 to 40 minutes to wait. Grabbed a bite to eat at a restaurant near the gate and then we were boarding.

Settled in for the 7+ hour flight. I watched the movie "Wild Hogs" Kind of funny. Everyone managed to sleep a bit, which is helpful, it makes the trip go somewhat faster.

Landed, went through customs, got our lugguge and headed out to the car. Got home about 1:00 AM and everyone crashed. Still working on getting myself organized almost a week later.

I loved this trip. It ranks right up there with our first trip to Egypt. I can't stop looking at all the pics we took and remembering. I am know in the process of planning next years summer vacation. Looking into Hawaii or maybe even another Disney cruise. It's the only thing that helps getting over that vacation is over letdown.

Hope you all enjoyed following along. I really enjoyed sharing our experience. Until next time. Ciao!!! : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.