Tuesday, July 10, 2007

July 5, 2007-Villefranche

Today was Villefranche and a tender port. The tender process went very smoothly, no problems getting off or on. This port you can visit the cities of Monaco, Nice, Eze, Monte Carlo. Our excursion was Highlights of Monaco and the Top Car Museum, again in the afternoon. This was a great tour. We took a bus up to the Rock of Monaco and let me tell you, the views were beautiful. Our tour guide then took us to the Monaco Cathedral where Princess Grace and Prince Rainier were married and where they are both buried. It was a lovely church. We then saw the Prince's Palace and were able to watch the changing of the guard. We also took a stroll through some lovely gardens w/ some more gorgeous views of the Mediterrainean Sea.

After, we were taken to the Car Museum where all the Prince's private collection of cars is kept. Zach really enjoyed this part of the tour. He loved seeing all the classic cars. Prince Rainier had quite a collection, some american models, and a lot of foreign models we never heard of.

I enjoyed this excursion. It was such a beautiful place. I could live there, but I think I would need to win the lottery a couple of time over first!!!

Missed the show and the deck party this night. I have no idea what I was doing and no drink of the day. I think this is the night that I fell asleep around 11:00.

Tomorrow, sea day and the rush to pack up.

No comments: